Read, See, Hear it Live!
Here is a collection of our latest media appearances. Our goal is to impact the national narrative on issues that are important to our faith and the values we hold dear.
What the Fire Spared: Mary and Motherhood
The Huffington Post, May 11, 2012
The 2007 brush fire that burned Martha and Dick’s California home to the ground destroyed everything, from their teenage love letters to their children’s homemade Mother’s Day cards to precious family heirlooms. Miraculously, though, it didn’t so much as singe the Marian shrine the couple had built in the canyon below their home. “I looked at Mary’s serene face and upturned palms, and peace filled my lungs,” Martha wrote, “It was as though she was saying, ‘Here I am, and everything is going to be OK.'” Read the rest of Martha’s remarkable story and her tribute to Mary in this column that appeared in The Huffington Post. You can also hear Martha relive the experience on the Son Rise Morning Show and discuss how Mary inspires her devotion to the Catholic Renewal Campaign. Listen now.
Martha Tells the Story on Good Morning San Diego
Martha and Dick and two other Catholic couples share their insights with the Catholic Digest on how to make more time for each other. “It is harder to spend time together,” says Martha. “There are so many more demands on your time now than there were back in the ’70s and 80s.” Researchers at Pennsylvania State University agree, finding that married couples are about 30 percent less likely to spend social time together today than in 1980. Included in the article are several wonderful ideas on how to pray as a couple. Download the article. (1.1 MB)
- Catholic Renewal Campaign Announced, The Son Rise Morning Show with Brian Patrick, Sacred Heart Radio and EWTN (5/3/12). Listen in as Dick shares his and Martha’s plans to help start a Catholic renaissance in America. Listen now.
- The HHS Mandate and Catholic Business Owners, The Catholic Hour with Mark Peffer, Totus Tuus Catholic Radio (4/1/12). Everyone should fight the HHS mandate on contraceptives, says Dick, because this is about government dictating what we should believe. Listen now.
- Catholics Protest the HHS Mandate, The Son Rise Morning Show with Brian Patrick, Sacred Heart Radio and EWTN (3/23/12). As Catholics gathered throughout the country to protest the HHS mandate on contraceptives, Dick and Brian discussed the larger meanings behind the government mandate that businesses pay for contraceptives. Listen now.
- Modeling Principled Leadership, The Good Fight with Barbara McGuigan, EWTN (4/10/2012). Dick and Barbara talk about how St. Francis modeled holiness and leadership and how we can lead effectively. Listen now.
- Catholics and Business Ethics, The World Over with Raymond Arroyo, EWTN (12/5/2003). Dick and Raymond discuss Catholic business practices. Listen now.
More than 500,000 people tune in each week to hear Dick talk about life changing experiences through an unexpected door – the door to the business world. The Catholic Business Hour with Dick Lyles, produced by the Catholic Business Journal and distributed by the EWTN Global Radio Network, focuses on business, careers and work with a Catholic perspective. “We interview truly inspiring, top-tier Catholic business leaders … leaders whose faith principles guide their business decisions,” Dick said. “Then we take calls from listeners.” EWTN radio programs reach 123 million potential listeners through more than 190 AM/FM stations nationwide, streaming audio online and Sirius satellite radio. >>Schedule >>Where to Listen >> Home @ Catholic Business Journal
These weekly newspapers serve the towns of Poway, Rancho Bernardo and areas of Scripps Ranch and 4S Ranch, all located about two hours south of Los Angeles. Dick’s weekly column focuses on a variety of topics that touch on culture in America. Here the most recent columns followed by an archives page:
- A bridge between scientific reason and faith, May 30
- State needs new vision for prisons, May 16
- Obama’s cruel hoax against women, May 2
- Assault on religion is bigotry, April 19
- Three lessons to learn from court’s Obamacare hearings, April 6
- Refining the blame game to an art form, March 22
- Individual liberty should prevail over government tyranny, March 7
- He said/Schools should educate, not rehab, Feb. 22
- The second era of American governance, Feb. 9
- Archives Page